Spring has sprung

Spring has sprung
Roses at the Cottage

Wednesday 24 July 2013

Mirror Mirror on the wall!

Mirror mirror on the wall
Who is the fairest of them all

For years I have driven past a nice old building at 172 Hoddle Street (the extension of Punt Road) in nearby Collingwood. There is always a large mirror or three or four leaning on the building and tree trunk in the street to lure the passers by - 100,000++ cars pass by each day along with another #30,000 bus travellers. It has pretty good exposure!
Mirror heaven!
I had always promised myself that I would pop in one day but not needing a mirror and with the pressure of traffic bumper to bumper (particularly during the week) I never did! That is until recently! I had suggested to a friend that she pop in to see if there was a mirror for her hallway.

Every size and shape - stacked to the rafters
Was there a mirror! I've never seen so many mirrors - ceiling mirrors (!) mirror balls, animal encrusted mirrors, furniture covered in mirrors - and just 'regular' mirrors. It was a strangely uplifting experience.  
Mirrored furniture
This is the Aladdin's Cave of Mirrors and perfectly named Mirror Mirror! It was magical mirror heaven. And to think it has been there for 14 years!
A 'sea' of Venetian mirrors
And there's more!
So don't be frightened to stop the car and pop in to have a look. There is car parking at the rear if you can't or don't feel you can stop in Hoddle Street - although I have found a park easily both times I have visited. 
You'll be like a (mirrored) bull in a (china) shop!!

I felt as though I was on hallowed ground! I didn't know where to look next! If ever there was a wow factor then this is it!

Bowen Cottage client comment: We have enjoyed all aspects of Bowen Cottage and its central location and its lovely homely feeling - a really great stay

No comments:

Post a Comment