Spring has sprung

Spring has sprung
Roses at the Cottage

Wednesday 25 July 2012

Between a rock and a hard place

Walking into the city from Richmond the other day (about a 45 minute walk through my favourite Fitzroy Gardens) I came upon a 'cluster' of rocks - so close to the city.
They are located in front of 55 St Andrews Place (part of the precinct for politicians and associated bean counters). I was fascinated by them. 
 A lyrebird
Every rock contained a bronze skeleton of an Australian animal - some were large and some small. All were beautiful - and recognisable.
A platypus
Sadly there seemed to be no explanation of who created them, when they were created or in fact why they are there. Perhaps it is up to us to imagine the how and the why.
An echidna (I guess!)
The bronzes are beautifully placed in the rocks and wonderfully tactile.


Soar like an eagle
I would love to know their history. It seems such a pity that there is no explanation. If you can shed any light on their story I would love to know. At the moment all I know is that they are wonderful. 

Bowen Cottage client comment this week: Miss Daisy (the dog!) is so at home here.

No comments:

Post a Comment