Spring has sprung

Spring has sprung
Roses at the Cottage

Tuesday 25 February 2014

the white night crush was worth it for....

There's nothing quite like seeing a tree wink at me!  I can assure you it's a very odd sight to behold!
Although his eyes are closed in this photo - I just know he winked at me!
This year it was the highlight of my visit to the amazing all-night-light-fest White Night. (see my post from last year here) Renowned Queensland projection artist Craig Walsh threw projections across the 'mighty' Yarra River to the trees lining the river at Birrarung Marr. It was a schlep to get there but it was worth it. I just wish I had headed home after seeing them instead of spending another 2 hours in the crush of humanity that visited the city. The photos I took picked up zero so I hope these tell the story.
These are the watchbirds watching you!
The faces were animated - they slept, their eyes drooped, they looked left and right, they smiled. It was the most eerie and beautiful experience. 
Unless you stood directly in front of 'a face' all you could see was light and a tree - move a little and then miraculously there they were!
Detail of a face in amongst the leaves and branches (the age)
If you haven't visited White Night then I do recommend a visit next year. It's only on for one night although there is currently talk of making this a two night event to try and thin the 500,000 who flocked to the city this year.  So thankyou Craig Walsh (visit his website here to see some amazing projections around the world) your creations were a sight to behold. 

I'll leave you with some more 'borrowed' photos - these are some of the buildings that were so beautifully lit.
Flinders Street Station as you have never seen it before (the age)

The cutest little Chapter House (next to St Paul's Cathedral) - a favourite last year and this year (freshphotography.com.au)

No comments:

Post a Comment